Grioo.com   Grioo Pour Elle     Village   TV   Musique Forums   Agenda   Blogs  

grioo.com
Espace de discussion

RSS  FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

La reussite d'un jeune concepteur auto d'origine haitienne

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet       grioo.com Index du Forum -> Sciences & Technologies
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kennedy
Bon posteur

MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Sep 2005 22:44    Sujet du message: La reussite d'un jeune concepteur auto d'origine haitienne Répondre en citant

Je vous presente ralph Gilles un jeune Homme d' origine 'haitienne nee a new york qui a grandi a Montreal
c'est un des plus talentueux designer d'auto contemporain
il a revolutione le design auto en dessinant la chrysler 300
une voiture que vous avez sans doute vu dans pas mal de clip de rap

c'est un veritable genie desormais le mal est fait enormement de personne commence a copier son style

cette voiture est un veritable bijoux c'est bien simple desormais tous le monde en veux une du mafioso jusqu'u rapper en passant par l'avocat

Ralph Gilles est maintenant a 30 ans directeur du departement design chez Chrysler, ce qui fait de lui afro americain le plus influent du monde automobile

http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=18840

THE DCX REPORT: Meet The Chrysler 300 Designer, Ralph Gilles

E-mail to a friend | Printer friendly (February 10, 2005)

The hottest designer in the automotive industry today is a young, African American designer at the Chrysler Group who is credited with overseeing some of the most stylish vehicles on the market. These vehicles transcend race, economic and cultural lines, and are desired by hip-hop artists as well as corporate executives.

Few vehicles can claim such a following. But the freshest and most desirable products on the road today were all designed under the leadership of Ralph Gilles, an African-American designer who has a flair for style. He oversees Chrysler Studio 3, the workshop that created the Chrysler 300 sedan which won Motor Trend’s Car of the Year, the North American “Car of the Year” and a host of other awards. Gilles’ design team also is credited with the Dodge Magnum and reinventing the Dodge Charger sedan, that will be in dealerships this June.

Without question, over the past 12 years, Gilles has risen from sketching interiors to overseeing the rebirth of bold, signature styling in the most sought after vehicles today.

“It’s bringing back what’s good about American cars,” Mr. Gilles said. “American cars have to be about not just a great car, but also a great-looking car, and an artful car – a car that says more about transportation than just getting someone from Point A to B.”

Gilles (pronounced Jill), can claim a string of design successes, and his passion for cars has not lessened. “I really, really care about these cars to the point of obsession,” he said. “I have so much fun.”

Early on, few would have thought that this young man from Montreal had such talent. Gilles’ story is a tale of a man who had talent but was about to waste it until fate intervened. Eighteen years ago, Gilles’ future looked starkly different. He was a college dropout in Montreal, living in his parents’ basement, watching cartoons, eating cereal and giving his father heartburn as he struggled to find a path in life.

His Haitian immigrant parents encouraged him to find a traditional career in law, medicine or engineering. Gilles, who was born in New York City and moved to Montreal as a child, had a tough time finding his niche.

His brother was on the path to medical school and Gilles was hanging out in the basement when his brother recalled a letter an aunt sent to then Chrysler Chairmen Lee Iacocca when Gilles was 14. She raved about her nephew’s talented sketching of cars. A Chrysler’s design chief at the time replied to the letter, suggesting Gilles attend one of three design schools.

At his brother’s urging, Gilles applied to the College for Creative Studies in Detroit. With a lot of work on his part he was accepted. In 1992, he earned a Bachelors of Science degree in transportation design. Gilles continued to pursue a Master’s degree in business administration at Michigan State University.

Upon receiving his Bachelors degree in 1992, Gilles joined Chrysler as a designer. In less than 10 years, at the young age of 30, he was appointed director of design for the Chrysler Group. And while viewed as one of the most influential African-Americans in the auto industry, he has not let race define or limit him.

“When I started out, I didn’t want favoritism,” he said. “I didn’t want to be accepted because of my color. My color has not really been a factor for the most part, although it’s true that the intrigue of it all makes you stand out a bit, and people are really interested in what you are doing.”

His passion and obsession is with designing cars that people desire. “I’m one of the few people who can say I pinch myself every day because this is exactly what I wanted,” Gilles said. “The first 12 years have been pretty cool.”

Granted, the first 12 have been great, but what about staying on top of the game and not going stale? For starters, Gilles is a part-time instructor at his old school, the Center for Creative Studies. He believes that mixing young talent with experienced designers is the key to keeping the ideas fresh and exciting.

“There’s nothing fresher than a kid straight off the streets who perceives the world differently from someone who’s working in a corporation,” Gilles explained. “We are constantly hiring new designers and with that comes freshness. Combine all that – older, experienced designers, new ones and the designers Chrysler Group gets from all over the world and you get a nice, cultural, aesthetic mix.”

For a close-up of Ralph Gilles, click the photo of him and the Chrysler 300.

source: DaimlerChrysler

Rocs
Bon posteur

MessagePosté le: Mer 26 Oct 2005 19:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Putain chapeau a ce fréres, on devrait le mettre dans la rubrique sucess story sur Grioo.
Anse
Grioonaute 1

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Oct 2005 21:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

j'avais vu un reportage sur lui. il est excellent et très connu(et reconnu) dans le milieu. Exclamation
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kennedy
Bon posteur

MessagePosté le: Ven 28 Oct 2005 00:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

VRAIS RECONNAIT VRAIS Wink
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet       grioo.com Index du Forum -> Sciences & Technologies Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: